- Manual underwriting: option to gain pre-DIP agreement.
- Income: multiple sources used for affordability, including pension, rental, investment. 5.5x income multiple when an applicant earns £100k+.
- Overpayments: 50% ERC free on all products.
- Property: we’ll consider annexes, flats above good quality commercial
- We credit check, not credit score.
Welcome to Suffolk for Intermediaries.
We can help your clients throughout England and Wales, whether they are a first time buyer or older borrower, a self builder or a small-time landlord and more. We’re here and we’ve done it all before, so give us a call and make it simple with the Suffolk.
Our service levels.
Get to know us
Why you should use us.
- Available on our standard range of products, up to a 40-year term with no maximum age.
- Interest only: sale and downsize up to 50% LTV (min equity £200,000). Other interest only options available, depending on your repayment vehicles.
- We’ll lend to 80% LTV for applicants borrowing into retirement, or 70% LTV if already in retirement (50% if there’s any interest only).
- We utilise pension assets as income, even if not currently being drawn – will use 80% of pension pot and divide by mortgage term.
- For residential, buy to let and holiday let properties, with most countries of residence considered (except UN Sanctioned).
- For joint applications we can consider when only one applicant holds a British Passport (subject to British national meeting criteria and affordability requirements)
- Deposits built up in the country of residence accepted.
- BTL – most currencies accepted.
- Residential & regulated BTL– 11 currencies accepted.
- Up to 80% LTV with fixed completion fees (subject to availability).
Self build & renovation.
- For new projects, conversions, renovations and knock down & rebuilds. Includes properties where the build has started.
- Max 80% LTV for both purchase and remortgage, plus we will lend against the land value.
- Flexible stage releases.
- Upon build completion your client can switch penalty free to a retention product.
- Interest only available during the build.
- Available directly to brokers – call us to discuss your case.
- We offer up to 60 days of personal use.
- Will consider first time landlords (must be owner occupiers).
- Loans available up to 80% LTV.
- We assess the loan amount using the average rental from high, mid and low season.
- First time rental properties considered (no requirement to be currently let out).
- No maximum age.
- Loans up to 95% of the share
- Max £500k for purchase and remortgage.
- Also available on new build flats in blocks up to 10 storeys and can consider flats above good quality commercial.
- No completion or valuation fees apply (subject to availability).
Buy to let.
- BTL accepted up to 80% LTV.
- Can consider non-owner occupiers.
- We lend on regulated BTLs where family members are residing.
- No maximum age.
- First time buyer BTL accepted.
- We can consider new build houses up to 95% LTV (subject to product availability), for flats up to 75% LTV in selected areas.
- We accept up to 5% builder’s incentive (minimum applicant contribution of 5%).
- Mortgage offers valid up to 6 months, 3-month extension available.
- Completion and CHAPs fees can be added at 90% LTV subject to affordability.
Very helpful staff on the phones, helpful BDM, good online portal.
Overall underwriting experience was superb and assessing cases on their individual merit is much better than the high street.
As usual with the team… they just deliver. Thank you.
The team made an outstanding effort to offer and complete on this case in time to beat the stamp duty deadline – which had a positive impact wider than just the clients, others in the chain also benefited and so this is massively appreciated by more people than you know! Thank you.
From our blog
Base rate and our SVR
Boost for energy efficient self builders and renovators from Suffolk Building Society
Suffolk Building Society signs the Government’s New Mortgage Charter
Important changes to our lending criteria
Correction to Annual Mortgage Statements
Clients funding their later lifestyle? It’s simple with the Suffolk