- Manual underwriting: option to gain pre-DIP agreement.
- Income: multiple sources used for affordability, including pension, rental, investment. 5.5x income multiple when an applicant earns £75k+.
- Overpayments: 50% ERC free on all products.
- Property: we’ll consider residential annexes, flats above commercial, listed buildings and more.
- We credit check, not credit score.
Welcome to Suffolk for Intermediaries.
You might know us better as Ipswich Building Society. New name, new brand but the same common-sense approach to lending. Read more.
Get to know us
Why you should use us.
- Available on our standard range of products, up to a 40-year term with no maximum age for repayment (capped at 95 at end of term for interest only).
- Interest only: sale and downsize up to 50% LTV (min equity £150,000), sale of another property up to 70% LTV.
- We’ll lend to 75% LTV for applicants borrowing into retirement, or 70% LTV if already in retirement (50% if there’s any interest only).
- We utilise pension assets as income, even if not currently being drawn – will use 80% of pension pot and divide by mortgage term.
Buy to let.
- BTL accepted up to 80% LTV.
- Top-slicing option available.
- Can consider non-owner occupiers if they have previously held a mortgage.
- We lend on regulated BTLs where family members are residing.
- No maximum age.
- We offer up to 60 days of personal use.
- Will consider first time landlords (must be owner occupiers).
- Loans available up to 80% LTV.
- We assess the loan amount using the average rental from high, mid and low season.
- First time rental properties considered (no requirement to be currently let out).
- No maximum age.
- We lend for both residential and buy to let properties, with most countries of residence considered (except UN Sanctioned).
- For joint applications we can consider when only one applicant holds a British Passport (subject to British national meeting affordability requirements).
- Deposits built up in the country of residence accepted.
- BTL – most currencies accepted.
- Residential – 11 currencies accepted.
- Up to 80% LTV with fixed completion fees (subject to availability).
- Loans up to 95% of the share
- Max £500k for purchase and remortgage.
- Also available on new build flats in blocks up to 10 storeys and can consider flats above good quality commercial.
- No completion, application or valuation fees apply (subject to availability).
Self build & Renovations.
- For new projects, conversions, renovations and knock down & rebuilds. Includes properties where the build has started.
- Max 80% LTV for both purchase and remortgage, plus we will lend against the land value.
- Flexible stage releases.
- Upon build completion your client can switch penalty free to one of our standard products.
- Interest only available during the build.
- Available directly to brokers – give us a call to discuss your case.
- For new build houses we offer up to 90% LTV, for flats up to 75% LTV in selected areas.
- We accept up to 5% builder’s incentive (minimum applicant contribution of 5%).
- Mortgage offers valid up to 6 months, 3-month extension available.
- Fees can be added at 90% LTV subject to affordability.
Our service levels.
Very helpful staff on the phones, helpful BDM, good online portal.
Overall underwriting experience was superb and assessing cases on their individual merit is much better than the high street.
As usual with the team… they just deliver. Thank you.
The team made an outstanding effort to offer and complete on this case in time to beat the stamp duty deadline – which had a positive impact wider than just the clients, others in the chain also benefited and so this is massively appreciated by more people than you know! Thank you.
From our blog
Income 101: help for clients with complex or multiple income sources
Holiday let mortgages with Airbnb now available as standard
Rate Change December 2021
Product update: new discount shared ownership deal plus extended fixed rate end dates
Festive opening hours
We’ve increased our maximum loan plus made criteria improvements