- Manual underwriting: option to gain pre-DIP agreement.
- Income: multiple sources used for affordability, including pension, rental, investment. 5.5x income multiple when an applicant earns £75k+.
- Overpayments: 50% ERC free on all products.
- Property: we’ll consider residential annexes, flats above commercial, listed buildings and more.
- We credit check, not credit score.
Welcome to Suffolk for Intermediaries.
You might know us better as Ipswich Building Society. New name, new brand but the same common-sense approach to lending. Read more.
Get to know us
Why you should use us.
- Available on our standard range of products, up to a 40-year term with no maximum age for repayment (capped at 95 at end of term for interest only).
- Interest only: sale and downsize up to 50% LTV (min equity £150,000), sale of another property up to 70% LTV.
- We’ll lend to 75% LTV for applicants borrowing into retirement, or 70% LTV if already in retirement (50% if there’s any interest only).
- We utilise pension assets as income, even if not currently being drawn – will use 80% of pension pot and divide by mortgage term.
- For residential, buy to let and holiday let properties, with most countries of residence considered (except UN Sanctioned).
- For joint applications we can consider when only one applicant holds a British Passport (subject to British national meeting affordability requirements).
- Deposits built up in the country of residence accepted.
- BTL – most currencies accepted.
- Residential & regulated BTL– 11 currencies accepted.
- Up to 80% LTV with fixed completion fees (subject to availability).
Self build & renovation.
- For new projects, conversions, renovations and knock down & rebuilds. Includes properties where the build has started.
- Max 80% LTV for both purchase and remortgage, plus we will lend against the land value.
- Flexible stage releases.
- Upon build completion your client can switch penalty free to a retention product.
- Interest only available during the build.
- Available directly to brokers – call us to discuss your case.
- We offer up to 60 days of personal use.
- Will consider first time landlords (must be owner occupiers).
- Loans available up to 80% LTV.
- We assess the loan amount using the average rental from high, mid and low season.
- First time rental properties considered (no requirement to be currently let out).
- No maximum age.
- Loans up to 95% of the share
- Max £500k for purchase and remortgage.
- Also available on new build flats in blocks up to 10 storeys and can consider flats above good quality commercial.
- No completion, application or valuation fees apply (subject to availability).
Buy to let.
- BTL accepted up to 80% LTV.
- Top-slicing option available.
- Can consider non-owner occupiers if they have previously held a mortgage.
- We lend on regulated BTLs where family members are residing.
- No maximum age.
Very helpful staff on the phones, helpful BDM, good online portal.
Overall underwriting experience was superb and assessing cases on their individual merit is much better than the high street.
As usual with the team… they just deliver. Thank you.
The team made an outstanding effort to offer and complete on this case in time to beat the stamp duty deadline – which had a positive impact wider than just the clients, others in the chain also benefited and so this is massively appreciated by more people than you know! Thank you.
From our blog
Fixed rate product changes: 26 May
Notification of fixed rate product changes
Notification of product withdrawal: shared ownership
Changes to our fixed rates
Product update: we’re cutting rates
Nearly 1 in 5 UK adults considering holiday let – what this means for brokers
Our service levels.