For existing borrowers
We’re here to help.
For existing borrowers moving home our mortgages are portable. Whether it is a straight port, a port and top up or a port and downsize we’ve put together some useful information.
Or, if your client is looking stay in their property and switch their current deal or complete a contract variation, or borrow more funds, head over to our other resources.
How it works
We’re here to make things simple! If you need to talk to us just call 0330 123 1073.
- Download and complete the paper application form and email to [email protected]
- We will then issue you the ESIS for your client. Once you, and they, have checked and approved this please inform our team who will then proceed to DIP, or straight to full application, on your behalf.
- Due to the application being paper based, we will request all documents via email, which will include details on how to pay fees.
- The underwriter will update you directly. The offer document will be posted to your clients, solicitor and to you. (Please ensure the client signs their own version, not the solicitors or yours!)
Your questions answered.
Porting means to move the existing mortgage balance, and the product it is currently on, to a new property. This could involve:
- Straight port: simply the existing balance is being moved, no more, no less.
- Port and top up: where the client ports the existing balance, but also needs to borrow a bit extra towards the purchase of the new property.
- Port and downsize: where a client is moving to a cheaper property and has a lump sum to pay off part of the loan, they can reduce their mortgage balance and port the remainder to their new home.
If your client needs to borrow extra we refer to this as a “top up”. The paper application has a section specifically for port and top up cases where you can outline the details of the loan, split by porting balance and the additional funds required.
No problem! You will just need to declare how much your client wishes to port, and confirm how the remainder is being repaid.
For clients who are porting their mortgage and need to top up with additional funds you can select a product from our standard range. Click here to access our product finder and view our currently available deals.
For a straight port, or a port & downsize, your client will need to pay a £199 application fee, the applicable valuation fee and a £35 CHAPs fee. For a port & top up these fees also apply, with an additional completion fee (this amount will depend on the product chosen for the top up element).
Need to talk?
Nothing beats a proper conversation, so when you’re ready to talk we’d love to hear from you.
Get in touch with our friendly and knowledgeable team.
Prefer to talk?
Call 0330 123 1073